Sunday, November 23, 2014

Been Around the World, Don't Speak the Language

My car has been in a sorry state. In that, it's messy.  In September, I drove a young friend who called it "repulsive."

The kids are always apologizing to their friends when they get in.  They apologize, but they don't take responsibility. Which they should because it's all their crap that's causing at least 60% of the problem.  The other 40% is a result of a life-long condition I've had concerning messy cars.

Anyway, things really came to head last night when I was driving some peeps home from a theatrical experience.  In order to accommodate four adult passengers, I had to frantically swat debris from Mac's seat while Adriana looked on and commented, "It's nice to know that someone like you has a flaw."

That was kind of a nice thing to say, but on the whole, the miniature van is embarrassing.

So, I got up this morning and I cleaned the car.  I can now ride with pride. I still need to use some upholstery cleaner on Mac's seat, but on the whole, it's far less humiliating.

This should last at least five days.  We'll see.


LH said...

Now that I'm the only person who drives the car I drive, I need to face some facts about my part in car messiness. I do like a cleanish car, so I'll try to do better.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing it! Congratulations! Mom